Tuesday 13 August 2019

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge -My collection, a review and swatches.


Ive always had a special place for cream products, they're usually my goto in a rush, as a busy busy mum. And as a summer product. One product I've used so much over the years is the Bobbi brown pot rouge which is literally a cult product and a best seller. My usual shade is the Powder pink which is a neutral pink shade which probably works for most skin tones but most complimentary of fairest to medium tan skin tones. Its very easy to use no brushes or sponges necessary, small and compact to carry. And thank goodness they revamped the packaging it now incorporates a small compact with its own mirror which can fit into the smallest of handbags, and clutch purse. The old original packaging gave a lot more product but in a separate lid and tub type of packaging which was less convenient but more economical, at the time of posting I believe these retail at £22.50 and are available from so many sores and online.

The formula is basically that of a creamy but pigmented lipstick that gives an almost glossy but dewy glow. You only need to use the most sparing amount, literally you dab one or two fingers in rub against the two fingers of your other hand dab onto your cheeks and then blend, blend, blend away. 
it doesnt dry to a powder formula so its very ideal for dry or mature skins almost moisturising.

Bobbi Brown talks about her inspiration behind the product being her mum, who like my mum would use her lipstick on her cheeks to add some 'rouge' blush. 

But I really feel it works on any skin type, mainly I've discussed its use as a cream blush so far not to forget that its actually a lip and cheek product. 
Again for the lips I lie to dab this onto my lips with my finger to a give a very done-undone look kind of a just bitten type stain I don't have to worry about getting a perfect application its that easy to use. 




Recently Bobbi brown has launched products for the pretty powerful campaign which is a charity that helps to get women into work, which I think is fabulous, Im all for supporting causes for women, children and animals. I have two pretty powerful pot rouge compact in pretty powerful 1 and pretty powerful 3 I sadly missed out on number 2. 


Powder Pink has been my long time go to product , I'm glad they added new shades my new favourite is the calypso coral which is a pretty peachy coral shade. The pretty powerful shades are both neutral cool pinks that have more of a mauve shade number three is more cool toned and number one is the least pigmented of the lot and I think that calypso Cora is the most pigmented, I also bought the shade raspberry which I gifted to my mum as she loves a more brighter purple toned lipstick but I don't have a swatch of that, there are a few more shades that Id like to try but the size of my makeup collection doesn't. warrant me to buy any more shades. Im currently considering going on a makeup spending ban. This probably means Ill end up buying a new bag :)
so its all win win for me. 




I have swatched the Bobbi brown pot rouge shades for you.
L-R Calypso Coral, Pretty powerful I, Pretty powerful iii, Powder pink.

I would love to know if you're using the Bobbi brown pot rouge and in which shades.
As always, I'm here to answer any of your questions if I have missed anything, or you would like me to review anything for you.

Which is your favourite Blush or cream blush? 

Raspcherry 
XOXO

No comments:

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge -My collection, a review and swatches.

Ive always had a special place for cream products, they're usually my goto in a rush, as a busy busy mum. And as a summer product. On...