Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review:- Mac Glamour daze holiday collection 2012

I think I did really well this past christmas and did not purchase too much from this collection 


Items purchased 
Devine desire quite coral exclusive set 
Primped out eye look bag sensual peach 
innocence frost lipstick 
in the limelight pearl nail lacquer
Small vanity blush
Easy manner blush


Mac innocence l/s -I love peachy coral lipsticks theyre so pretty to look at and also very complimentary on my skin tone
In the limelight n/p Im obsessed with minty nail polishes and have a crazy collection that i will share with you very soon 



Sensual peach kit features an eyeshadow duo in mulch which is a frosty chocolate brown with gold shimmer in a velvet finish and is macs top selling eyeshadow (last time I checked) I already had this in my mac 15 eyeshadow pro palette but I dont mind having another in this duo, since I love neutral brown beige duos.

 The other eyeshadow in this duo is dazzlelight which is a champagney light baby peach in a frost finish. I've never used these two colours together before but I like the effect it gives I use dazzlelight all over and the mulch in outer corner of the lid and on the outer v it gives a perfect day to night look. this duo reminds me of my favourite chanel duo of the moment chanel sable emouvant 37 although they are not exactly the same but you can get a similar finish.

 Opulash is an OK mascara, I already had it and was using it at the time I made this purchase its nice for volume and thickness but i did not feel it was what I need as I have voluminous, straight, short stubby lashes I need length and curve more than anything. so Ive back to mac my old one and will use this in the future.

I was glad to get stubborn brown powerpoint  eye pencil in this kit as I like the pigmentation and intensity of the powerpoint pencils I have a few in the shade feline which gives good colour and works on the waterline however these pencils do not have great staying power the colour quickly spreads down so these are best used blended out with a cotton bud or brush.

I have quite a few of the limited edition short brushes from mac but do not mind having another 275 brush as they are versatile to give colour on the lid or intensify the crease or even use as a highlight if you are starting out and looking for one mac eyeshadow brush I suggest this one or the 239 brush.

It was nice to get the bag in this collection however I do agree with Temptalia when she says that the bag should atleast fit the items that came in it.





Devine desire quite coral kit 
this kit was an exclusive edition and only available on www.maccosmetics.co.uk 
It contains 
In a heartbeat cremesheen lipstick which is a soft peachy coral shade abit more coral than shy girl which is abit more beigey peach.

Born to love blush in a frost finish this is like style blush but without the gold.

Its nice that mac put in a little 129 brush but i do feel that this brush is not as good quality as other 129 brushes that I have had in kits before but its not totally horrible by anymeans infact its very soft so nice to use on my sensitive skin, this brush works well with all powder products such as blush, bronzer, loose and pressed powder

Pure flattery is a very nice peach coral lipglass  and works perfectly with in a heartbeat and innocence lipstick.

I really like the mac technakhol liners although theyre not as pigmented and as soft as the powerpoint pencils they're great handbag items as they do not require sharpening and they also qualify for back to mac. Photogravure is described as a brown black colour and you can see in the swatches that it is darker than stubborn brown. so this is a great shade to have if your always changing from brown to black eyeliners.

The kit comes with a nice case that has a mirror and a pocket and a removeable plastic insert that holds the makeup items, I plan to use this as a jewellery box, which i may use for travel also currntly im using a chanel purse as my travel jewellery case. 

 

Products Swatched 
Born to love blush 
In a heartbeat l/s
pure flattery l/g
Photogravure e/l
Innocence l/s
dazzlelight e/s
mulch e/s
stubborn brown e/l


The first thing I grabbed from this collection were these two beautiful blushed in 
Easy manner is a pretty peachy pink but it shows up more baby pink on me similar to well dressed blush.

Small Vanity is a neutral almost plummy blush with a brown beige undertone great on medium tones and to enhance the contours of the cheeks.

Ive also swatched easy manner and small vanity next to born to love for comparison purposes.



I love these products Im getting alot of use out of these products and do not regret purchasing any of them
theres probably still some items from this collection floating about on the mac website in the goodbyes section and in the CCO's.

What did you buy from this collection ? 

Raspcherry 

XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've not bought anything from this collection, but I love the swatches of Innocence and Pure Flattery. Such pretty colours! Might just have to get them :)

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge -My collection, a review and swatches.

Ive always had a special place for cream products, they're usually my goto in a rush, as a busy busy mum. And as a summer product. On...