Sunday 21 October 2012

FOTD:- Featuring Mac Marilyn monroe legendary and pure zen and swatches

 I never could have imagined that the mac marilyn monroe collection could be so successful.
But ofcourse I wanted my share of the collection,  unfortunately it was very late before I managed to get to my local Mac counter at my local Debenhams store. And most of the items (that I wanted, anyway) had sold out, boo hoo. but thats another story, because i'd already put in an order for the Lipstick in 'pure zen' and the blush in 'legendary' from selfridges and these are definitely two of my most worn items from the whole collection.



on my face 
Mac pro longwear foundation 'nc30'
Mac pro longwear concealer 'nc30'
Clininque double face powder 'beige'
Mac Blush 'legendary'

On my eyes
Ysl smoky eyeshadow collecter palette (white, silver, black glitter)
Mac fluidline 'blacktrack'
Mac lash primer
Mac mascara 'opulash'
Benefit brows a gogo 

On my lips 
Mac l/s 'pure zen'




Both legendary and pure zen work together in perfect harmony to create a very peachy nude look, and look equally amazing with a nude eye look or a dramatic smokey look, I have kept my look quite light and easily wearable for everyday.


Pure zen is a repromote from a previous collection and so has the only name throughout the collection that has nothing to do with the life of Marilyn Monroe. My personal thoughts for the reason for this is that the pure zen lipstick is such a similar shade to the blush as you can see in the swatches above. 


Mac Marilyn monroe pure zen lipstick swatched on the lips.

I have purchased all of the lipsticks and the two blushes as I feel that this is all that i need from the collection, I did not want to go too mad.

What did you get/miss from this collection?

Raspcherry 

XOXO


No comments:

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge -My collection, a review and swatches.

Ive always had a special place for cream products, they're usually my goto in a rush, as a busy busy mum. And as a summer product. On...