Saturday 10 September 2011

Review:- Smashbox High definition healthy FX foundation

I seem to have been quite loyal to this specific foundation and have been through about 4 bottles since its launched, I have already done a video review on this but felt I should share this product with my blog readers too x

I think I love everything about this foundation except for the lid because its abit flimsy and breaks easily

My bottle is soon to finish as I use this product quite alot its one of my HG, no fail, keep coming back to foundations 

SMASHBOX SAYS :-

Now you can have flawless skin from the inside out. Our revolutionary HIGH DEFINITION HEALTHY FX FOUNDATION is an oil-free, weightless formula packed with anti-aging, revitalizing, and firming ingredients that work overtime to provide cellular nutrition for skin.
Vitamin-packed, oil-free weightless foundation that provides buildable coverage with a flawless finish. UVA/UVB SPF 15 offers sun protection, vitamin C fights free radicals, and new cell-energizing Ribose renews the appearance of skin. Our unique, patented bio-delivery system gives you time-released moisturization and firming benefits that last all day. Skin is refreshed and revitalized for a flawless future. 



The bottle is a standard 30ml bottle 
it costs £28.50
which is a so-so type of price, Ill pay it but Ill have an internal toddler type temper tantrum -just joking! 

This foundation and other smashbox products are available in the UK from Debenhams in store or online 

Texture 
This foundation feels like a souffle - not a mousse a liquid souffle 
It has spf 15 uva and uvb protection which im not really bothered about since I love additional protection and ive not noticed an overly whitened face in flash photography but having now said this i think i will investigate this further - but this might just be because I always follow with a powder foundation and bronzer

The foundation also has a tendancy to seperate but you are supposed to shake it before each useage to overcome this 

The packaging is also an air tight airless pump
so its super hygienic too

I love to use this on special occasions because I feel it does make me look good in pics as above. 

The coverage is medium buildable and in the past i have worn this doubled up with an extra layer and I dont feel caked -but you have to do it right !

My colour is L3 or L4 
the pictures show L3 

I love the way smashbox has named the shades its simply broken into 4 categories 
fair, light, medium , dark
and each colouring group has numbers 1-4 (roughly)

I have alsed m3 in the past as a tan but now i just use Mac mineralize nc40 satinfinish or Chanel tan de soleil for this purpose 



I definitely recommend this foundation I know its abit pricey 
but if your budget does not go as far as £28.50 maybe try revlon hd foundation which is £10-13?

I hope you found this helpful 

XOXO


Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge -My collection, a review and swatches.

Ive always had a special place for cream products, they're usually my goto in a rush, as a busy busy mum. And as a summer product. On...